pumpkin from our vine
Garden 2006
This year we had a problem!!! GROUND SQUIRRELS! We had ground squirrels take over our yard! They dug deep holes and HUGE mounds of dirt resulted! Their worst offense...eating all of our zucchini plants, tomato plants, and sunflowers! We tried humane traps but they were too smart! Aaron became angrier and angrier! I know some of you think squirrels are cute and I do admit it was kinda cute seeing them run around our yard...but Aaron was over it!!!
Garden 2008
At this stage the zucchini plants in the front row and the sunflowers in the back row should be huge already.

zucchini plant eaten by squirrels..................................................sunflowers eaten by squirrels
We think the squirrels are gone for now. I'll spare you the details of how we finally got rid of them (poison). Some of our plants are trying to make a comeback but it may be just too late for them. We still have hope for our corn.


1 comment:
Bad squirrels!!! This is our first year with zucchini plants. They grew two feet long while we were in Utah. I just finished shredding them to put in the freezer for zucchini bread. Nearly 17 cups in all. If you need zucchini, I'll share til your crop makes a rebound.
Post a Comment