Friday, October 8, 2010

My Sweet Grandma Lois Arlene Smith

My Grandma Lois was the sweetest lady ever!

Here she is with Abbie...this picture was taken a few days before my Papa died 3 years ago. She was vibrant and full of life!

Again, this was a few days before Papa went into the hospital unexpectedly and passed away a few days later:(

A few years ago...she became a lot weaker after my grandpa passed away.




Just this past July

When I think of my grandma, I think about her home. I always LOVED going there. It was the home my dad was raised in, the home I spent many days in growing up and as an adult, a home filled with unconditional love, acceptance, and peace.
I will always remember her: knick-knacks, angels, sparrows (ordered from Crystal Cathedral:), tons of pictures, a bluish-greenish bathtub and toilet, jewelry, accessories, shoes, homemade hangers, sticky chicken dinner, and a painting that I now own...but it will stay hidden (ask me about it some time:).
My grandma had character, integrity, and love for the Lord.
She was grateful for her family, grateful for her husband, grateful for her Savior, and grateful for all of her blessings. I vividly remember her telling me many times how thankful she was for all of these things...I will never forget that.
My Papa and Grandma Lois were 2 of the greatest people I have ever known. Their love for each other and for Christ is such a powerful example for me. Aaron and I were married on their wedding anniversary:)
I am happy that my grandma isn't suffering physically and emotionally anymore. I am happy that she is with Jesus and Papa. I will miss her for now...

4 comments:

aimee_p said...

Jenni you said that all perfectly. What an amazing grandma, and what a true blessing to have her in your life for so long.

Amy Brindley said...

I totally can see you in her! The cheekbones and smile are just like you! I'm sorry about her passing, she seemed like a wonderful grandma.

Diane said...

That was touching Jenny. It sounds like she was an amazing, loving soul! I'm sorry that she has passed away, but the thought of her now being together with your Grandpa and Jesus brings warmth to my heart.

Lisa said...

so sorry about your loss. I lost my Grammie three years ago and my Papa 1 1/2 years ago. It still hurts everyday.