A few nights ago, around midnight, Aaron was locking up for the night and he heard something chomping on an apple downstairs...
He got a flashlight and reluctantly shined it under the sideboard in our living room. Sure enough, two eyes glowed back at him...
It was a possum!!!!
In our house!!!!

I was asleep...at first. Aaron called his mom!! Gerda to the rescue! She coached him over the phone...he followed her orders...barricade the guy and make a path straight to the front door! He used chairs, tables, boxes, hampers, etc.!!
Sarah Hull, are you dying yet???
He got a flashlight and reluctantly shined it under the sideboard in our living room. Sure enough, two eyes glowed back at him...
It was a possum!!!!
In our house!!!!

I was asleep...at first. Aaron called his mom!! Gerda to the rescue! She coached him over the phone...he followed her orders...barricade the guy and make a path straight to the front door! He used chairs, tables, boxes, hampers, etc.!!
Sarah Hull, are you dying yet???
So, Aaron did just that! He got a broom, put it back behind the sideboard (the antique piece of furniture in the photo), and scared the possum out from under it. The possum ran out and then turned around and ran back under! Meanwhile, Aaron was yelling, "Get, get, get!" That is when I woke up! I went downstairs and almost started crying when he told me what was going on! He handed me a broom and we tried the plan again!

Aaron scared him out from under the sideboard, the possum ran out...but not toward the front door! He tried to escape through the side of the barricade! Aaron swatted him hard with the broom toward the door. The possum ran toward the door, Aaron swatted him again...hard! He slammed against the door and ran out! I was standing near the door with a broom, but was really no help at all!
No Caryn, I didn't have shoes on!!!
Anyway, he's gone! And we will try a lot harder not to leave our sliding glass door open when it's dark ever again!!!!!


7 comments:
I LOVE that story!!! So crazy, I would cry too!! i would have put shoes on though=)
SCREAMING!!! Bryant and I are DYING right now!!!! I would have screamed so loud and so hard that the neighbors would have come over to see what was going on! Seriously, that is CRAZYYYY!!!!
You guys had us in stitches with that one!!
p.s. miss you
This story is just awesome! But EWWWW!
I seriously laughed this entire post. I can just picture what you guys were doing. I am glad he got out. I would have been freaking out!
I can't stand reading and hearing that story! It makes me cry and cringe all over! NO SHOES!!!! That is the part I CANNOT take! Dying. Great story for the grandkids one day:)
Oh No!!!! Not in the house. I wouldn't have known how to get it out.
I am speechless. I would die and my tummy hurts just reading this. So glad you got rid of him!
Post a Comment