Saturday, November 8, 2008

Founder's Day Parade...80's Style!

Rancho Cucamonga Founder's Day Parade...Victoria Gardens Mall
This year the theme was 80's! The parade was full of marching bands, clowns, stilt walkers, floats, Senator Bob Dutton, Mayor Don Kurth, Councilmen, other city servants, firefighters, police officers, girl scout troops, boy scout troops, war veterans, ROTC groups, church groups, horses, 80's music, smurfs, Rainbow Brite, Cabbage Patch Kids, rubiks cubes, Madonnas, Thriller, and much much more!
Abbie's girl scout troop marched in the parade!
We watched the parade with the Smarts and the Stocks!


Below is our group watching the parade (Caden in red and Macie with butterfly). You may notice a strange looking 80's guy...Yes, it's Aaron with short shorts and a fanny pack! Let's be clear...Aaron was NOT in the parade...Just decided he should dress the theme!

Slightly embarrassing!

Abbie's troop

RCHS Band


Senator Bob Dutton


Aaron decided to run out a few times into the parade to take pictures with some participants.

The Go-Go's (from one of their album covers)
The A Team

Miami Vice
Tremor

And the hit of the parade...The real life TIFFANY! She was in concert here tonight!
"I think we're alone now...There doesn't seem to be anyone arou-ou-nd!"

We love Rancho Cucamonga!!!!
It really is a great community!

5 comments:

Amanda Weir said...

Ok first off...Aaron really has a fanny pack! Loving the shorts. Abbie looks so cute. Did you dress up?

caryn said...

o my goodness! That is quite a founder's day parade. Love Abbie's shades :) Where was it at? We have our Veteran's day parade on Tuesday and Tiffany will not be there...oh well :)

Sarah Hull said...

Just stop it right now! IT's too much. SO FUNNY! Everything about this post is cracking me up!!! The fact that Aaron dressed up just because, is killing me and I love that he ran out to get his picture taken with all the 80's classics! AND TIFFANY... don't get me started about how much I loved her when I was a kid. I would listen to her every day and make up dances to her songs in my living room with the other neighbor kids and we were serious about our awesome moves!
I am a little jelous that you got to see her! lucky.

Hess Fam said...

First of all...Aaron is killing me! That is way too hilarious. And TIFFANY??? That's awesome. And I might just have to make the trek next year. For one..I love parades (though I get a little emotional). And for 2...Rancho is my ancestors old stompin' grounds. They actually spent quite some time there while on their little journey! Kind of fun huh?!

Dave and Kelli said...

So cool - Aaron cracks me up (that is SO something Dave would do!). So glad to know that the wonderful era of the 80's is being kept alive! :) Actually - how sad is that, that our own era is now the favorite masquerade/"dress up" theme, whoa! (Remember LGCC days of dressing like the 50's and 60's?). Sigh! Well, long live the 80's!!! (I can only hope that the conservative Izod polos, jordache jeans and penny loafers come back when my girls are teens!!) :)