Monday, October 27, 2008

This Day...

Hillside's Women's Retreat...This Day
San Diego
Just got back from our church's women's retreat entitled This Day! It was an awesome weekend of worship, teaching, talking, eating, relaxing, prize winning and so much fun!!! Our speaker, Shauna Niequist, really had a positive message and challenge to celebrate This Day, every day...to look for God's fingerprints all over each day...to not wait for "some day"...to be someone who appreciates the gift of life...a life with God and family and friends.
Below is a picture of Aaron before I left!
"It's ok Honey. Just remember on Friday to feed the kids, take the kids to Abbie's musical rehearsal, then drop off Abbie at the movie theater to go see HSM3 with her friend, and take the other two to get milkshakes. On Saturday take the kids to Caden's soccer game at 9 am, coach the game while holding Macie, clean the garage, install a new ceiling fan, and get the trees trimmed. On Sunday, you need to have all 3 kids at church by 8:20 so you can check them all in and report for service. Please do the girls' hair cute! You are awesome! I'll thank you later (wink wink)!" Love, Me

Me, Melissa, Gail, and Darcy
Kristy and Me
Melissa and Me with the speaker

During our free time on Saturday, Melissa and I went to Mission Beach! We had lunch at this really cool place called The Wavehouse! (Thank you Cheryl for the recommendation!) We ate lunch with our feet in the sand and watched crazy people ride waves in this huge "Flow Wave" machine...much different from your average wave pool! In the picture below there is a guy doing a stunt off a wave. See him in the air? He landed it and kept "flowboarding"!



Here I am asleep on the beach...unaware that Melissa was taking a picture of me! It was so nice to really relax!!!

Lunch with Kristy, Melissa, Chelle, and Jamie on the way home!

This is what I came home to!!!

A little dirty...a little messy...but really CUTE!!!

5 comments:

Sarah Hull said...

What a wonderful weekend! I love the concept of "...looking for God's fingerprints all over each day" what a great reminder!
The picture of you asleep on the beach made me a little jelous. That just looks so wonderful! What a special treat for you.

And Way to Go Aaron for being the Father of the Year!

Karen Hyde said...

Whoa! What's with the thanking Aaron later "wink wink"? Too much information! ;) Looks like you had a great time.

caryn said...

I love the pic of you sleeping...you have made us all jealous! I am glad you had a wonderful time; it sounded so great. And I just wanted to let you know that Aaron has some dirt on his chin :)

Dave and Kelli said...

Your kids are totally adorable, even when they're dirty! :) And Macie - I mean, who doesn't love a princess that's willing to get dirty! Dave took me to an Amy Grant "Lead Me On" concert last night - all her old stuff (nothing later than 1988) - it totally brought back memories of being on choir tour, riding in the bus and listening to the walkman. Looking at your blog is like going back in time also - especially since you haven't changed a bit!! Just shorter hair (what's your secret, hee hee).

D.E.B. 22 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.